Enter to Win Today!
Photo Contest for the SS JOHN W. BROWN’s visit to Norfolk
1st Prize - $100 Gift Certificate for Service Photo & Memory Card
2nd Prize - $50 Gift Certificate for Service Photo & Camera Strap
3rd Prize – $25 Gift Certificate for Service Photo & Something
Special Prize for Young Photographers Category – Camera Bag and cleaning kit
The SS JOHN W. BROWN’s Photo Contest for our trip to Norfolk runs from May 18, 2016 through May 31, 2016. Winners will be featured on the SS JOHN W. BROWN’s website, on social media and in a special album on our Flickr page. Images from winning entrants will also be featured on our webpages. Winning photographs and other entries will be featured in a blog post. Enter now for your chance to win cash and other terrific prizes!
Winners will be notified in June before the announcement is made on our website and on social media outlets.
Photographers may enter their photographs in the follow categories:
1. The ship from the shore
2. The ship – includes photographs on deck or below deck and views of the shore including parts of the ship
4. Artistic Interpretation – let your imagination run wild
- An entry fee of $10 for up to three photos and $3 for each additional entry must be paid with your submission. The number of photos submitted by is unlimited.
- Previously published photos or parts thereof are not eligible.
- All photos must be original and must have been taken during the voyage anytime from leaving port in Baltimore until we return to port in Baltimore.
· Photographers from any state may participate, but all photos must be taken from or of the ship.
- Judges will make selections based on the quality, composition, content, originality, creativity and mass appeal. Decisions are final and in the judges’ sole and absolute discretion.
- This offer is void where prohibited by law.
- The SS JOHN W. BROWN is not responsible for lost or misdirected entries.
- Photographers authorize the SS JOHN W. BROWN to use their image(s) for non-commercial purposes with photo credits—including but not limited to use for education, website pages, advertising & publications and news purposes to media, print, digital, online services and television for their use. Photographers retain copyright to these photos, the above agreed to permissions not withstanding.
- The contest is open to all photographers, except for volunteers of the SS JOHN W. BROWN and their families.
Service Photo has been meeting the needs of professional and amateur photographer for over 50 years. They have a huge selection of new and used gear and offer many services online. They make it easy to trade in and upgrade your gear.
Check out our blog from a previous photography event here.